- Service Agreement
1 | RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Paw Butler undertakes to perform the agreed-on services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner and the Owner undertakes to provide all necessary information to assist in this performance.
2. Paw Butler undertakes to notify the Owner of any occurrence pertaining to the pet which may be relevant to the care and well-being of the pet. The Owner will inform Paw Butler of any quirks, changes or illnesses that may affect the pet's behaviour and or well being. This information should be clearly explained within their online pet profile.
3. For Private Walks, the Owner will provide suitable harnesses, collars and leashes as approved by Paw Butler, as well as coats, boots or muzzles, if required, and all provisions required for the health and safety of the owner's pet.
4. For Off Leash Services, Paw Butler will provide suitable leashes and the Owner will provide suitable harnesses and collars, as approved by Paw Butler.
5. Paw Butler shall not be obliged to perform any other duties except those specified in the agreement, Paw Butler will ensure that services are preformed, weather and pet health permitting. Paw Butler reserves the right to terminate all walks or off leash services, based on the needs of the animals and weather conditions.
2 | INVOICE PAYMENTS
1. All invoices shall incur a $5 or 3%, whichever is greatest, late payment penalty if full payment has not been received within 7 days of its due date and will be applied every 28 days thereafter.
2. If you have an invoice that is 30 days past due, all services will cease, and all booked and confirmed services, shall be cancelled. If the invoice remains unpaid for 90 days, the account will be turned over to collections or legal representation. The account holder will be liable for all costs incurred due to the collection of the overdue invoice(s).
3 | CANCELATIONS
1. Cancellation by the Owner of scheduled Off Leash, Walks and Visits services, after 6PM the day before said service, will be charged a $10 late cancellation fee. Day Camp cancellations after 6PM will be charged at full rate.
2. If Paw Butler shows up for a scheduled service, and the pet, which the service was meant for, is not present. The owner will be billed at the full rate of the service.
Cancellations of Grooming appointments with less than 48 hours notice, will be charged a $30 cancellation fee.
We have a 14 day cancellation policy for all Boarding Services. Refunds will be processed as follows;
If 14 or more days notice is provided, you will receive a full refund (minus processing fee of 3.5%)
If less than 14 days but more than 7 days notice is provided half the invoice amount will be refunded (minus processing fee of 3.5%), and half will be credited to your account for a future boarding
If between 4 and 7 days notice is provided, the invoice amount will be credited to your account for future boarding.
If 3 days or less, notice is provided, half of the boarding fee will be forfeit and half will remain on your account for a future boarding
4 | MEMBERSHIPS
1. All memberships are charged monthly and can be cancelled by providing 30 days notice.
2. Membership visits cannot be carried over to the next week. Visits per week have to be used within the same week.
3. In the event that Paw Butler has to shut down the park, on a day you have booked your pup, a different day, within the same week, should be scheduled.
4. If a different day, within the same week, is not possible, Paw Butler will add a park pass to your account for future use.
5 | LIABILITY
1. Paw Butler will carry liability insurance relative to the services performed for the Owner. A copy of the insurance policy can be made available to the client upon request.
2. Dogs do play hard and rough at times and some minor injuries cannot be avoided. We make every effort to treat minor injuries like scrapes, bumps and minor bites, by one of our Pet First Aid Certified butlers, before they are returned home. If an injury was missed, the owner should reach out to Paw Butler immediately. Paw Butler will require pictures of the injury and will then advise as to the next steps.
3. In the event of serious injury, while in our care, Paw Butler will take the pet to the vet and cover all costs, minus the deductible as stated in 5.9, if clauses 5.6, 5.7 or 5.8 do not apply and that all information, as stated in clause 1.2, above, has been provided.
4. Paw Butler will only cover veterinary visits and invoices if the visit was approved by Paw Butler prior to the visit. If the owner decides to take their pet to the vet without prior approval by Paw Butler, the resulting invoice will NOT be covered by Paw Butler and the full cost will be covered by the owner of the pet.
5. Paw Butler will not be liable for any lost/damaged tags or accessories that the client's pet(s) may be wearing.
6. Paw Butler shall not be liable for any mishap, of whatsoever nature, which may befall a pet or caused by a pet, on the owner's property.
7. Paw Butler shall not be liable for any injuries caused by the pet to him/her self, such as cut/cracked paws/nails, sprains, overeating or consuming anything they shouldn't.
8. The Owner shall be liable for all reasonable medical expenses and damages, caused by their pet towards all third-party persons or property.
9. There is a $250 deductible for all claims, which the owner of the pup will be responsible for. Any amount over the deductible will be applied to your account as a credit. Cash refund on claims will only be provided in extreme situations.
6 | SECURITY
1. Paw Butler warrants to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the Owner.
2. Owner shall disclose to Paw Butler if the property is under any video/audio surveillance.
7 | INDEMNIFICATION
1. Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, the Owner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Paw Butler and affiliates against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever.
2. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
8 | EMERGENCIES
1. In the event of an emergency, Paw Butler shall contact the Owner, at the numbers provided, to confirm the Owner's choice of action. If the Owner cannot be reached timorously, Paw Butler is authorized to:
1.1. Transport the dog(s) to a veterinarian of their choice;
1.2. Request on-site treatment from a veterinarian;